Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Savannah Ricky Watson is finally here!


At 11:22 am on July 30, 2008 Savannah Ricky Watson made her debut! However, .it took her a while to finally decide to join the party at the hospital with her mom, dad (via phone from Iraq) grandma Sharlene, YaYa, Aunt April, Aunt Alisa, Aunt Amanda and Cousin Lindsey.

She weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long. She has dark hair and it looks like it may have a little curl to it like her sister Neelah's does.

Mom and baby are doing well and enjoying each other, as well as the rest of the clan.


Being able to experience the birth of this special spirit was truly amazing. So many things have gone right in Heather and Eric's lives since they found out that they were expecting their third child - with the culmination being that Eric was able to participate in the birth via the phone - when there was some doubt (by YaYa) that we were going to be able to connect on the phone and that the birth was relatively easy for Heather once Savannah decided to get into the correct position (after kicking off Heather's ribs) and the fact that she is a perfect, healthy, beautiful baby.



Finn and Neelah are happy about the addition of their newest sibling. Neelah didn't quite know what to think at first, but eventually got the idea and wanted to love her little sister.


More pictures will follow tomorrow after I (YaYa) have recovered from a no-sleep night and can get some additional pictures. But here is Savvy after her first bath - already searching for her fist.

12 comments:

Missy Lee said...

Congrats Heather & Eric!! I bet you are so glad to not be pregnant anymore. Now, we'll just keep our fingers crossed that you can stay sane with 3 kids and no hubby to help :) Let me know if you ever need help. Even though I don't have much time, since I work full time now, I can still try and do something for you if you need it. She's a cutie!!
Love,
Melissa

Lissa said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! I'm glad she decided to come, she is beautiful. That makes me cry that Eric was able to be on the phone during her birth. Congrats!

Michael and Brinn said...

I love her! I'm so happy she finally decided to join the family. I'm so proud of all of you! You have climbed over some huge hurdles together, but have been so far apart. She does look a lot like Neelah through the eyes. I can't wait to see more pictures. Eric- if you are checking this, I'm so proud of you and so glad you were able to experience it via the phone. Love you guys! Yeah, no more giant ankles!!

naptime nostalgia said...

Congrats!

Brittany said...

First I have to give props to YA YA for posting on the blog! Congrats, Eric and Heather she looks beautiful. I can't wait to see her!

Mike said...

Congrats on the new baby! That's awesome!

The Powells said...

congrats heather and eric, you did it again...making another beautiful baby!! heather, i will call you sunday, we are headed to midway. love you

Joanie said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! Yay!! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Katie said...

Congratulations Heather and Eric!!! She is beautiful and I'm so glad she finally decided to come. Enjoy the brand new baby time that passes so quickly.

Lombardo Family said...

Hooray! What a beauty Heather. She doesn't even have cone head. I love her name as well. We thought about that for Hannah. Happy for you guys!

The Child Family said...

Heather I do not even know if you remember me from Hawaii- but congrat's on to your family! Your new baby is BEAUTIFUL!

Kathryn said...

Heather that is so exciting! My baby boys were born that same day! only I delivered at 11:17pm
anyway i still need to post my story and pictures.
CONGRATS
KAT

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.