Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things we give up to be a mom...

This post is a little on the confessional side. Maybe I should keep this stuff to myself but as I have afore mentioned, I don't really filter myself.

Being a mom of three I do my best. That is all I can do. My house is usually in decent shape, only rarely do my kids skip a daily bath, they always have clean underwear (diapers) and clothes. I on the other hand, suffer a little more. I try really really hard to shower everyday. Honestly, I never go longer than 2 days but even after 5 months of having 3 kids, I still am not used to not being able to shower everyday and take my time in a nice steamy, relaxing shower. So, that being said, it is an even bigger deal when I wash my hair. If I wash it, it takes at least 30 min for me to do (blow dry, put in rollers, flat iron). It isn't so much that I don't have the 30 min to spare each day, but more about what Neelah can get into in that same 30 min. The child is out of control. For real. Not a day goes by without her falling off something that she isn't supposed to be climbing on. I love her dearly but she is a mess and that is exactly what she makes when I take my 5 min shower and try to do my hair.

This is what she walked around in for the entire 30 min yesterday morning. Seriously. It's the bag that I keep my velcro rollers in. She decided that a ziplock would go nicely with her pj's and dumped the rollers on the floor to add this to her ensamble.

5 comments:

Joanie said...

lol. she is a cutie!! She seems like a lot of fun! :-) That one will keep you on your toes for years to come, I am sure!

naptime nostalgia said...

Normally I wouldn't feel bad for you since your kids sleep in till 8 freaking thirty, but since you are a single mom most of the time I will tell you my little shower secret. Ready?

Nickeloden.

Unknown said...

I wish that TV entertained her. It doesn't for more than 2 min. And by the way...Finn crawls into bed with me promptly at 8! :)

Nina said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I saw your Christmas card yesterday at work, it's adorable!

The Powells said...

so true....all i want is to take and shower and not have my kids climb in with me, really is that so much to ask?!?!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.