Saturday, December 06, 2008

Can anyone say "VAY-KAY!!"


I am currently in Maryland visiting Eric. I left all 3 kids at home. Some of you may be thinking, "how could she leave her 4 month old???" It's okay if you are thinking that, I think the same thing about myself at least once an hour. But after the last year, I NEED A RESET. It has been way hard being away from my kids. This is the first time in 4 years that I have been without at least one child in tow.

Eric and I are having the TIME OF OUR LIVES!!

I had this whole agenda planned for my 3 days here. That immediately went out the window. I soon realized that what I REALLY wanted to do was WHATEVER I WANTED!! If I wanted to get back in bed after breakfast, that is exactly what I would do (and what I DID do).

Eric and I have gone out to see some sights. We went to Annapolis today and walked around and shopped. We ate at this cute little pub and shivered as the sea winds blew. I love the old 1800's architecture and seeing all the sailboats. It is all so very QUAINT.

We have roamed the mall and plan on dinner and a movie tonight. What more can I ask for? This quality time with my husband is GOLD!! So even though I am judging myself for leaving my babies, I will be a better mom when I get home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

I am pretty sure you deserve a vacation. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself! I hope you enjoyed your weekend of doing whatever you wanted!! :)

Lissa said...

How fun is that? Don't be so hard on yourself for leaving them to party with family and friends. I highly doubt they will remember "that one time mom left us for 3 days". Not that they don't love you, but they are still small enough it's not gonna matter to them after while. But your 3 days alone with Eric is something you both will remember for a long time! Good for you, ENJOY!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.