Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I must be stupid


Today I took Savvy for her 4 month check up. The day started out relatively okay, all the kids were dressed and in the car...even the girls had their hair done! I knew that Savvy was going to have to get some shots today and since Neelah never got her 12month shots I thought to myself that I might as well get them done so that I don't have to make another trip.

We get to the Dr.'s office and just as they call us back Finn announces that he needs to go to the bathroom. The catch is that he doesn't want to go by himself. After working it out with the nurse, she stays to watch Savvy and Finn, Neelah and I go into the bathroom. Finn remembers his 4 year checkup and decides that it was GREAT FUN to pee in a cup! He insists on peeing in a cup. I am trying to get him to quickly pee in the toilet while holding Neelah so that she doesn't put her hand in his stream. Seriously.

Then comes the fun part of keeping all 3 kids locked in the room while not allowing Finn or Neelah to break anything or make a mess. So Savvy gets all checked out and she weighs a whopping 16lbs 4oz and is 25 1/4 inches long. Then come the shots. She gets 4. OUCH! I work on getting her settled down and then it is Neelah's turn. She gets 4 too! Double ouch. I take my two crying girls out and all the while Finn is asking about when he gets a treat. To top it off, I just realized that Neelah has 3 incisors coming in!! 3!!!

Yay for me. Today is going to be a REAL picknic!

3 comments:

The Powells said...

k im tired after reading that!!! that was NOT a fun day for you

Joanie said...

I love that Lamaze toy!!! It's still my favorite one of all! :D


It sounds like you had a rough day yesterday, so I hope today was much better for you?

I love the new pictures! Beautiful!

Lombardo Family said...

You are a good sport Heath. I can hear your laughs through your blog and unfortunately, all I think I would do is cry.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.