Sunday, October 12, 2008

Four years ago...


Four years ago, we were living in Hawaii. Eric and I had just bought Maile (our beagle) and we were so excited for a baby. I was SWOLLEN in the October heat of Hawaii. No trade winds. No air conditioning. I was so ready for the baby to be OUT that one night after Eric went to bed, I called my friend Jamie. I asked her to make a trip to Walmart with me. Mind you it was 9pm. We went and I bought 4 oz of Castor oil. Then we went to her house to make a shake. But her husband was asleep so we didn't want to wake him with the blender. I decided to shoot the nasty stuff and chase it with a Dr Pepper.

2 and a half oz later I was gagging and almost threw up. But alas, I kept it down and went home to bed. Fast forward to 2:30am. In the bathroom from then till 4:30. Literally, I did not leave the toilet. Thought I was going to DIE. Got back in bed and slept till 6:30 when I woke up with contractions.

After 23 hours of labor and a delivery that was the utmost painful thing I could ever imagine possible, I was blessed with a little red headed boy! Since then my life has not been the same.

I am enrolling Finn in pre-school tomorrow because he is driving me nuts. He is so dang smart that he needs to be challenged every min and I just can't keep up with him. He loves to play with Neelah and is such a big helper to me. He is the sweetest, most sensitive little guy. He wakes up in the morning and runs to me to give me a hug and a kiss. He tells me periodically throughout the day that I am "beautiful". He wants Savvy and Neelah to grow up faster so that they can play rough with him but he is quick to kiss Neelah's ow-ies.

Finn brightens my days and makes me laugh. I can't wait to see what he will grow up to become.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

That Finn, I love him so much. He will love pre-school. Yes, Yes, Yes let us do a girls night. Just tell me when.

Bastianclan said...

Happy Birthday Finn. I can't believe you are four. I remember when you were a baby. Now you are a big boy. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

naptime nostalgia said...

Happy Birthday Finners. We have a present here for ya!

Sorry I missed you. I love the bracelet. How thoughtful of you. And yes, we can totally go see Twilight together. Can you even for a minute imagine Hubs sitting through that movie?

Um, no.

Love the updates about the kiddos.

Larkin said...

Fun stuff!! It's crazy how fast they are growing!!! I look at adam everyday and think that he is just getting so big!! And he is only 2... It's awesome that he's such a good helper!!!

The Powells said...

i love your little finn....he is so sweet. im glad he will go to preschool, he will love it and so will you! and girls night sounds wonderful! i have come by your house 2x last week but you were never home...still have finns bday present! im a loser

Joanie said...

Finn is going to have so much fun! And you will have maybe an easier time for a few hours? Maybe? Hopefully. ;) He will have all kinds of stories to tell when he gets home. I love how their little minds work.

And Happy Belated Birthday to Finn! I really can't believe they are 4.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.