Thursday, April 17, 2008

Enlightenment...

So Amy's latest blog post got me really thinking, I don't really blog to be a "blogger". I don't tell my personal story but more or less just post crazy things about my daily life ie my kids. I am okay with that. Although I am a bit jealous of those who can just write and write (they are going to have AMAZING journals in the end) I do what I can and that is good enough for me.

I was really interested in the topic that Amy wrote about. How we as women view ourselves and let negative thoughts deter us from loving our true self. After thinking about this subject and how it takes place in my life, I realize that over the past 2 years, I have really made some great improvements! I am proud of myself! So then I was checking out the links that she posted in her blog and found this quote on one of her friends blogs. IT IS FABULOUS!! I HAVE THOUGHT THIS ABOUT MYSELF FOR SO LONG BUT LOVE TO HEAR IT SAID FROM ANOTHER'S MOUTH!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss



After a lifetime of being told that I talk to much or to loud etc, this made my day, my week, my LIFE! I am who I am, if you don't like it, don't put up with it! Eric loves me for who I am and doesn't think that I am a big mouth or too loud, he thinks I am JUST RIGHT! For that matter, I THINK I AM JUST RIGHT! I am loyal, compassionate and a great friend. I try to be the best mom/wife I can possibly be and if I fail one day, there is always the next. Isn't that great?!

I hope we can all remember that all that matters is what we think, just like Dr Seuss says...he MUST be a genius!! Thanks Amy and Aimee for inspiring me.

3 comments:

The Powells said...

thank you for that post my friend..loved it

naptime nostalgia said...

Glad you enjoyed it! We should talk shame together one day. I have many thoughts, as I'm sure you could tell by my novel-long post, and I would love to get your perspective.

I love you, and am glad you are exactly who you are. You make me laugh like no one else, you are completely real, and you are the best wife my husbands best friend (still with me?) ever had.

Josi said...

If it's any consolation, I've always thought you were awesome--classy, confident, kind, beautiful and it never crossed my mind that you had anything to be less-than-satisfied about. Having that moment for yourself, however, is priceless.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.