Saturday, April 26, 2008

Eating my words...

So here at the Watson house we practice a bit of the Love and Logic parenting. I present Finn with 2 choices--usually one is time out and the other is my way--but nevertheless, he has his own choice. He does pretty well with this concept and for the most part makes the "correct" choices. This morning while I was fixing lunch, Neelah kept throwing her sippy cup on the floor. Finn picked it up for her once and then she chucked it again. I asked Finn to just put it one the counter so she wouldn't drop it again. Then I hear him say, and I quote:

"Neelah, if you CHOOSE to not throw your sippy, I will give it back to you."

I look forward to watching Finn practice his parenting techniques on his little sisters. Should be good for a laugh. I love days where my kids make me laugh more than they drive me nuts!

3 comments:

Lissa said...

That is classic! Maybe he can come to my house and help with my parenting skills, he would be much better.

The Powells said...

those are good days. that is too cute

Josi said...

It's nice to know when we realize things are working! Very fun.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.