Friday, January 11, 2008

New Years Announcements....

Warning: I am quite blunt in this post...If you don't appreciate that quality in me then you may want to consider passing up this post but I assure you, It will be well worth it!







Any of you who don't know what an I.U.D. is, let me fill you in. It is a form of birth control called an Inter-uterine device. Basically it is 99.9% effective and doesn't allow for your body to grow an embryo. It is placed in the Cervix and since it is a foreign object, your body produces masses of white cells to try to fight it (which your body can't do) so consequently a pregnancy will never survive with all the white cells down there. It really is a fabulous creation. At least I thought so until I GOT PREGNANT WITH ONE IN PLACE!!!

Back up, after meeting with my doctor, it is more likely that it either fell out or is floating around somewhere in my belly. Don't worry, it is sterile. Since you would think that I would feel something like that FALL OUT, I am thinking it may be floating around somewhere. Don't be concerned if you use one of these, this almost never happens. I just get to be the lucky one.

I am 11 weeks along and have gratefully moved past the part where I cried almost daily for the first 6 weeks. We are thankful that we are blessed with another sweet spirit in our family, however now is not the time we would have liked that to happen. Moving on to the next part of my blog entry......


Eric is leaving in the next week to start his training in Hawaii prior to his 6 month tour in Iraq. He won't be here for almost my entire pregnancy and/or the delivery. He won't get home until early to mid November. He is really excited to go (albeit this new info). It really is his calling to go out and do the things most of us don't want to do. I am truly proud of him and his duty to our country. Don't get me wrong, I wish he would be happy with a 9 to 5 desk job but that just isn't Eric.

Eric will be in Hawaii for 2.5 months and then off to Iraq after that. We are planning to go visit him while he is in Hawaii and have a nice little family vacation. I will be posting updates that he sends to me so keep checking out the blog to see what the latest on Eric is.

Now on to more fun topics....Here are some pictures of the kids on Christmas (sorry so long overdue) and just some other crazy pictures.




Here is Finn getting ready to go see what Santa brought.
Here he is with his loot. Neelah was still asleep. Unfair, I know but she isn't even a year old yet.
He didn't want anything to do with his BIKE at first, just the pirate stuff!
Of course Dad had to join in
Here is the favorite! He didn't put it down all morning!

4 comments:

Lissa said...

WOW! Congrats on being pregnant! Good luck being gone Eric(you too Red while he is gone)! That was a mighty good post...I will be calling you soon, we have got to talk!!!

The Powells said...

I am so happy for you guys!! Jason told me the news sunday after talking to Eric and I have wanted to call but wasn't sure if you were ready to talk about it -- i figured it was not a planned thing!! Anyway, so happy for you and scared for me since I have an IUD!!!

Brittany said...

Well Heather I hope you know that my family and I love you and your family so much and want to do whatever we can! We will have to plan lots of outings with and without the kids while Eric is gone to keep you busy. Jamie has already volunteered to watch both of our kids so we're set! This little one must really want to come be apart of your family right now! Congrats!

Bastianclan said...

Congrats on the Baby!!!! That is so awesome... I am sorry Eric is leaving that is not so cool. Jermey Missed Brooklyn's birth all I can say is I am so glad you are surronded by loved ones they will be able to help and support you. My father cut Brookly's cord that is kind of special not as special as Brooklyn's dad but wondeful memories. what is it with these boys knocking us up and then leaving???? they secretly planned it... No not really but it's fun to tease my hubby! I am so happy for you guys. Eric must be so excited to go back to Hawaii and Spear Fish. Jer is trying to go back. Oh boy!!! Your pics are sooo cute. I bet Finn will love his bike once summer hits and he see's everyone on their bikes. My kids love the leapsters too just think educational. I mean he could be playing x box or Wii right? At least he is learning how the alphabet, math, spelling etc... congrats agian Tina

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.