Sunday, January 20, 2008

D DAY

Today is the day that Eric left. Sad I know. I made it through the day without breakdown although I am not promising anything. Things could swing the other way when I am alone in my bed tonight. No really, I think I am doing pretty well. It isn't too hard for me to have him away since I know that he is just in Hawaii. I can call him and email him anytime I want, all day long if I want to. (His commander may not be too happy about that.)

It really is amazing the way the Lord helps us through trials. Some of you may know that Eric and I were going through some pretty rocky times just after we moved back to Utah. It was such a hard time for us all. If you had asked me then if I would support Eric leaving me alone and prego to go off and play GI JOE I would have laughed, looked at Eric and asked for a divorce! (So maybe that is only 50% true).

But now, things are totally different for us and I know that I didn't change and Eric didn't change. We just relied on Heavenly Father to guide us and help us to accept each other and most of all just LOVE EACH OTHER. I know I couldn't do all that by myself. I am so thankful for the blessings my family has received this last year!

I know this is a pretty sappy post but I wanted to let Eric know that I am so PROUD of him!! Although I don't understand, I am grateful that he is the loyal, devoted person that he is. I am grateful that he can teach those things to our children. I am so blessed to have him as a husband!

I will miss him every minute of every day, especially when I feel sick or the kids are driving me BONKERS!!

6 comments:

Joanie said...

I am thinking about you! :) I hope it gets easier for you. Easier said than done I am sure.

RYC: John only goes 3 days a week, for 5 hours. I had a small temporary job last week and some this week, so I was/am pretty busy. I worked a 40 hour week! I am planning on finding another job, more permanent, than this one I had at the bookstore. Anyway.. I will probably do laundry. It is the bain of my existance. My house it the black hole of laundry! It never ends!!

naptime nostalgia said...

we are thinking about you! you are definetly a trooper. And if you ever need a break, you know where to find me :).

Lissa said...

I too am thinking about you! Hang in there! You are such a good wife and mom!

Brittany said...

Call me ANYTIME! I can't even imagine what you are going through, but I can imagine that it is hard! Send our love to Eric and seriously, call me if you need anything.

Bastianclan said...

Aweee Heather wishing I was there to help you out. You are in my prayers. Remeber to laugh at the things that make you want to cry... Hang in there girl...

Michael and Brinn said...

That was a really sweet tribute. Good luck Eric. We love you and you will be in our prayers. I now have a whole new appreciation for the wives and kids the soldiers leave at home. I think we better start praying for them as well. Love You

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.