Saturday, June 06, 2009

In the yard


We have a small break in the rain this weekend. Today and tomorrow and then all next week it is supposed to rain again. Who knew it rained this much in Maryland?? Eric took advantage of the rainless weather and finished the electric dog fence. HALLELUJAH!! Maile is getting too brave for her own good around here. Of course Finn and Neelah had to tag along to "train" Maile to her boundaries. Finn counted all the flags.


Here are a few pics of our developing birds. The above shot was taken 3 days ago and the below was taken just this morning. Their eyes are open and they have feathers already! I will be so sad when I go to look at them and they have all flown off to live their own lives. Maybe tomorrow they will start "cheep"-ing.

2 comments:

The Sutera Family said...

I am so happy that Eric did the fence! (after 5 months) Good job Eric! I am sure thoes brids are so cute now, but wait till they wake you up one moring with all their chirping! We will have to get together soon.

Unknown said...

I did not know that it rained that much in MD, but I also never knew it got so green. I guess that I have always been there in the fall/winter months. That nest is a masterpiece, look how structurally sound and clean that is?!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.