Monday, June 29, 2009

Growing Up


Growing up is never easy. Especially when your mom takes away your "Lovey". Before anyone calls Child Protective Services on me, I didn't actually take it away. I just banned it from leaving the bed. No more falling in muddy puddles, loosing it in Costco or Finn using it as some sort of ransom while we are all in the car. These tears only lasted one day and then it was just fine that "Lovey" takes a "happy nappy" while we go play. (For the record, the elastic rope didn't stay there all night. I wouldn't intentionally provide a choking hazard for my child.)

I remember what it feels like to be without that one security item...my grandma stole my blankie from me. It was in rags and she did give it back to me when I got married but it was still tormenting.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

So sad! But yes, we have to do that too. Little do they understand that it's better to stay home, safe and clean without disease, than to drag it around.

Way to be strong, Momma!

Lombardo Family said...

Oh Heather, you little torturer you! Poor Neelah. We have a few of those "lovey's" around here that I would just Die without, let alone my children.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.