Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our day at Hogle Zoo

Today we went with the Powell's to the zoo. I was feeling pretty bad since the only other time my kids have been to the zoo was when we were in Kentucky with Brinn. I have slacked on introducing my children to the wonder of caged animals.
Nevertheless, the kids and I had a great time. It wasn't hot at all and all the animals were out.
Here is Kylie riding the trunk of the elephant. Finn was a little intimidated by how it sprayed out of the trunk.
Of course we had to ride the train...Here is Neelah, Jen, Kylie, Jake and Finn.
Although you can't see the boys, they are standing 2 feet away from the Rhino.
Neelah loved how these guys moved around so quick.
She kept saying "kitty-cat"
Standing in front of the snake which is Jake's favorite part of the zoo. Finn liked the white alligator.
All in all we had a great time. I think that the last time I had been to Hogle Zoo had been like 10 years ago. They have really changed things and I am way impressed. I really think that I am going to get a season pass! It was a great energy waster for the kids and it was really nice to spend the morning outside.

1 comments:

The Powells said...

yeah!!!! it was so fun. cute pictures -- thanks for posting these so now i can steal them!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.