Monday, September 29, 2008

Big Announcement

Well, we have some very interesting news...

After much deliberation, arguing, crying and worrying--we are moving back to Hawaii. I know I know. Some of you remember me complaining about living there and saying that I would never go back. I have changed my ways. I actually do miss it every now and again. Mostly, I miss the humidity and being able to have the windows open all day long and feel the breeze.

Eric has been offered a job with a company called Texeltek and we decided to accept. It is a great opportunity for Eric's career and will help him in the long run. We are also really excited to be able to break out of the military life. I am less than thrilled about having to pay for health insurance again but I guess that is what happens when you take a regular job that gives paid holidays and doesn't require you to be at their beck and call all the time. It will be nice to actually live with my husband again too. I can't forget that part!

We won't move until after the new year so lucky me, I get to spend 6 months in my house! Of course everyone is welcome to visit us on the balmy island. I hope some of you take me up on that offer.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Well I can honestly say that I am not happy about this one bit. When you guys bought your house Jamie and I thought oh good they will probably stay for a long time now! Boy were we wrong! But hey, you know we will support you in whatever you decide so I am happy for you in that regaurd!

The Powells said...

you know how i feel about this...but i am happy for you guys. hey i talked with a friend who might want to rent your house! i will chat with you about it..she just got married and has a 1st grader at pervian.

Tasha Limb said...

Your mom will miss you guys! Good luck on your move!

Missy Lee said...

Oh my hell Heather...you sound just like us!! :o) LOL!! As I was reading that, I was thinking about how we lived with your mom, built our house in Riverton, lived there 6 months, moved to Arkansas for 6 months, and then back again! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to come and visit you guys. Wade has never been to Hawaii. Hopefully we can take you up on the offer. We'll have to get together soon! See ya.

Unknown said...

I know that this was a hard decision for you and Eric, but am so excited to welcome you guys back to the islands. It is never easy to take that leap of faith especially when that leap takes you so far from home, but look on the bright side..we can go to the beach with all the munchkins and have huge fish frys that make the locals envious. It will all work out and please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end to make the transition easier.

Lombardo Family said...

What? Didn't you just buy your house? What are you going to do with it? Heath, you do seem like an Island girl however, so what better place than beautiful Hawaii. I'd love to come visit while you're there. Good luck. I really need to come see you now. :o)

Joanie said...

Holy crap! Good for you! At least you're going into this time with some background, not like before when we didn't know anything about the island. I start to miss it every now and then.. I really don't know why. I guess because it was my first home with Ian.

And the cake was better! But, only because of the icing. The cake part was just like Jimmy's, but I'm a sucker for real butter cream icing. Yum, yum, yum.

Lissa said...

What the? Holy everything is happening fast!

I am excited for you and a little bit for me. I really want to come visit while you are there so you can show me the ropes.

Larkin said...

Yea!!! I am so glad!!! I just don't know for sure if we are staying here or not... I guess time will tell!!! Either way, I am coming to Utah for the holidays and would love to see you!!!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.