Saturday, September 16, 2006

Felicity's Bday Bash

Today we celebrated Felicity's Birthday and also had a farewell dinner for my bro in law, John who is going to Iraq for 6 months on Monday. The whole family got together at Lyndsay's house and the following pictures tell the story. This one is of Finn and Grandpa Kent. They were deep in concentration while trying to construct this tower. Blocks are Finn's favorite. He is so mechanically talented, even at 2! He just wants to sit and analyze things and figure out how they work.
Here are all the kids eating bday cake. Clockwise from 12 noon: Reagan, Finn, Celeste, Mason, Rachel and Felicity. It wasn't long before Finn took his plate and dumped it on the carpet. Why does he do that???!!! It is so infuriating! He has this urge to dump his food when he is done eating. I don't understand it. Oh well. The kids had a blast at this kiddie table and the cake was a big hit thanks to Costco!
Right away, Lyndsay got out the silly string and everyone got attacked. Felicity thought it was great fun till Ya-Ya sprayed her. Then she started crying. She liked the string on other people but not on her. This event turned into an all out WAR when Mom and I pulled out the remnants and began spraying everyone in the order in which they were sitting. Then Eric got involved and took me down. It was really fun and the kids got a kick out of it.
Okay, so out of all the toys that Felicity got for her bday, Finn simply wanted to play with the balloons. He screamed all the colors in his very high singing voice and you could tell he was giddy! When we had to leave, he proceded to tell the balloons bye-bye. He was sad to leave them behind. I know, I know, balloons are a choking hazard but what can I say when they bring him so much joy and me so much peace?

1 comments:

Michael and Brinn said...

What a fun birthday party. I'm glad Finn is able to be back for these kind of events. It's weird to see your grandpa Kent. I can see that he is aging and I realize that we are as well.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.