Monday, March 16, 2009

trials at the table


Tonight's dinnertime tragedy was inevitable. It was going to happen sometime. I will admit that I had been toying with the idea for about a week now. Savvy has graduated to the highchair and so since I only have one, Neelah "gets" to sit at the table. That means that I "get" to tell her over and over to sit down. I "get" to chase her down when she is wandering the house with random bits of food.

Tonight was different. I had too much going on in my head. I have a LONG LONG list of things to accomplish before we move as well as continue to run this house in a semi-normal fashion and I didn't have the patience to deal with "roaming Neelah" tonight.

Introducing the packing tape.

Am I a terrible mother that I admit to hoping that being taped to the table was traumatic enough to get her to sit and eat her food from now on?

3 comments:

Lissa said...

That is so dang funny, I love that idea. Do you think it okay to do when we go out to eat or even at church?

Oh, and I love sweet little Savvy just chillin' with a big ol' grin on her face!

Larkin said...

That's great Heather!!!!

Tim_Finholm said...

I think that is the best idea. Annie still wanders around instead of eating.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.