Monday, March 30, 2009

Duece


Yesterday Neelah turned two. I seriously can't believe it. I had just found out I was pregnant with her when we moved back to Utah. My life hasn't been the same since. She is so different from Finn. My mom says she reminds her of me when I was that age. Hmmm. She is seriously HILARIOUS. She has started singing (even if she doesn't know the words, she improvises with the names of our family members) and dancing (with arms held high in the air going round and round in circles). And though there have been days where she spends the first 2 hours of the morning crying because I can't hold her ("Mommy, carry you!"), she brightens my day with her sweetness.
Where Finn never wanted to be the one to say the prayer over meals, she wants to say it every time. Finn didn't like to get dirty and Neelah is a disaster. But Neelah loves to cuddle and have her tummy tickled just like her brother and daddy. She insists on singing Wheels on the Bus and Itsy Bitsy spider every night before bed. She still caries around her "lovey" but has learned that we don't take it into stores with us anymore. She is a tease just like her brother too. Always wanting to make a game of anything. Her eyes melt my heart over and over again every day.

Anyhow, here are some bday pics that of course are in random order. Above is her new tricycle. That was the favorite gift this year.
Think she is enjoying her cake?

See what I mean about her eyes?!!?

Aunt Alisa made a FABULOUS bday cake for Neelah. A lemon-y, cream, berry concoction that was to die for. Alisa, you are the BEST!!

She didn't much like the elastic around her chin.

Alisa's Birthday Cake Masterpice. Way better than the costco cake I served the kiddies. :)

Neelah is such a sweet little girl and I am so blessed to have her in my life. One day she won't ask me for "chok at meewk" first thing in the morning and I will be so sad when I can't hear that little voice asking such an innocent question.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

This post is priceless! I love it:)

naptime nostalgia said...

She looks adorable! So sorry we missed the fun! Happy Birthday Neelah!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.