Monday, August 12, 2013

Quiet Time

I have tried my hardest to teach my kids to have quiet, independent time while the younger ones are napping. Finn has always been EXCELLENT at this-entertaining himself even when I was pregnant with Neelah and wanted a nap of my own.

Neelah is hit or miss. As she gets older she is doing much better and sometimes even chooses to play by herself when friends are around. She is one who likes her quiet time as much as crazy play time.

Then there is Savvy. Savvy does not understand the meaning of "alone". I get it- when I was younger I hated to be alone too. For MY sanity, I NEED quiet time. Really what I need is "no talking to Mom" time. It doesn't matter if she plays with the iPad, watches her favorite movie or plays in the toy room- she can't go for more than 15 minuets without having something to say to me.

Often, she just wanders over for an "I love you" and a kiss. I adore that she is so affectionate! Most other times she just has a question about something: "can I have something to eat, can I have gum, will you get me a drink, where is Neelah?" Etc. then there are the times when she is just bored and needs to be bugging someone...anyone. I walk from a room and she and her curiosity follow me.

I'm nervous for her to be at school full time. I hope her teacher is able to kindly teach her to work independently and respect times when she needs to be a listener, not a talker.

To be continued...



Heather
Sent from my iPhone

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.