Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gardening


Teeny-tiny baby cucumber

Watermelon


This summer I have bonded with my thumb. My green thumb that is. I don't know what it is about living in the country that made me want to have a garden. Actually, I have always wanted to grow a garden and now I just didn't have any excuses.

I can't explain just how much satisfaction I have gotten from these plants. It's even more than satisfaction...Serenity. Each afternoon after the kids wake up from their naps, we head out to play in the yard. I try to water the garden while the kids try to drench themselves in the same water. Eventually, the kids do end up drenched and the garden gets watered.

Tomatoes


The squash has given me a little stress. We had a HUGE wasps nest which scared away all the bees. I have learned that squash are not self-pollinating. With wasps around there were no bees to pollinate my squash. I had to self-pollinate them and so after a little squash IVF, I now have baby squash. We also have pumpkins but I started those too late in the season to really get much. They are more for fun...

Peppers


Beans

4 comments:

Sara said...

I grew tomatoes in pots this year and they are ginormous! We don't get enough sun in our shady yard to grow a full garden. If we get a lot of tomatoes I am going to can some!

Larkin said...

I am so impressed!!!!

Jessie said...

Wow! It looks great! Our garden is doing fine but our Topsy Turvy is dying! Where did you hang yours?

Nina said...

Oh my goodness, that squash IVF had me cracking up!! You are awesome, someday I would like to be that cool and have a garden!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.