Friday, June 01, 2007

Udders

My grandparents will appreciate this blog because they had a dairy farm for most of their lives.

So our dog Maile, is pregnant. Every day her nipples get bigger and hang lower and lower to the ground. We are still about 9 days away from puppies. Today, Finn was just cuddling with Maile in the front room and so I went over to spend some quality time with them both. It is so rare these days that I wanted to take full advantage. So there we are, all lying on the carpet. Finn is gently patting Maile's tummy and he touches her HUGE nipples and asks me what they are. How do you say "doggy boobies" to a 2 year old? That is what Eric calls them. Anyway, I told him that they were where Maile's puppies were going to get their milk. We have recently explained to him where milk comes from (cows). So I was trying to correlate milk coming from a cows udders to Maile's engorged breasts without having to come up with an actual term. ( we don't like to use the word boobs with Finn because of a recent Sunday where he sat in Sacrament meeting and poked me and yelled "boob!") After the explanation I offered, he seemed satisfied and just told me over and over again that her puppies were going to come out of her tummy and drink her doggy milk.

Skip ahead to after naps. We are sitting on the couch and he is eating an apple while listening to his songs. I am sitting next to him, feeding Neelah. All of a sudden he looks over at me and says, "those are mommy's udders!"

My son just referenced me to a cow...not like I don't feel like one everyday of my life!

3 comments:

The Burgoynes said...

HILARIOUS!!

Great story, Heather. At first, I was wondering why the description of the dog's nipples?

So maybe Maile would be too exhausted to lick my legs up and down when we come visit you guys! We are so excited to see you. Where do you live?

You have such a beautiful family. Even your extended family is beautiful (or do you just post the good looking ones? ;)

Heidi

Michael and Brinn said...

That is so funny. Man, it's so true. Sometimes you really do feel like a cow, but it's another thing to have your honest child refer to you as one. Maybe there really is a resemblance between you and a cow. Maybe you should ask grandpa Williams if he can see it.

Kathryn said...

I love it! Such a cute story, I love seeing your pictures and hearing how you guys are doing. Your family is adorable.
sure love ya
Burton Family

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.