Thursday, March 29, 2007

Neelah Miland Watson has arrived

At 2:30 this morning, Heather's water broke and she wasn't even ready with her bag or anything. She and Eric had to get everything ready and at 4:30 they left to go to the hospital. When she got there, she was only dilated to a 2, but was having contractions. At 7:00 Eric called me (Melody) and said that she was having pretty strong contractions. Then he called me back about 15 minutes later and said that they were not so strong, that I should wait to come. Finn and I stayed home and made sugar cookies. Then at about 10:30 he called and said that she was dilated to a 6 and that I should come. I started to pack everything up and was just leaving the house when Eric called again and said that I should come as fast as I could that Heather was fully dilated and ready to have the baby. Eric's mom arrived shortly before I arrived and shortly thereafter Neelah was born. Neelah arrived in this world this morning at 11:36 a.m. She weighs 7 pounds and 8 ounces and is 19 3/4 inches long. As you can see, she has quite a bit of hair and it is quite dark. This picture almost makes it look red but I don't think it is red.
Right after she was born, she started crying. She really has quite the set of lungs. She is really so beautiful though. She looks so much like her brother Finn. Finn kept saying "Neelah play at park with Finn." I don't think he really gets the whole concept that she is a baby.
Mom and baby are doing fine. Eric took Neelah to the nursery to have her first bath. YaYa and Finn came home to take a nap and Heather tried to take a nap as well. The delivery actually went pretty good and was not too hard on Heather.
Isn't this a beautiful family. Eric said shortly after Neelah was born "I have two kids" in wonder. I don't think it hit him until them. I am soooo proud of Heather and Eric and their family.

1 comments:

Michael and Brinn said...

Yeah!! I am so happy little Neelah is here. I hope you are all doing well. I love you!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.