Sunday, July 14, 2013

Utah Trip 2013

This trip to Utah came to pass because of Grandpa Kent's passing. Along the way, we had great visits with family. We spent a lot of time with Grandma Colleen. We all played cards, colored pictures and helped her around the house. 

Grandma has said many times that she didn't think she would have a chance to meet Brody. Luckily, she did and Brody was happy to let her cuddle him!  All the kids were sweet with Grandma Colleen and I loved watching every second! 

Today, after our visit, I had to say goodbye to Grandma. It was much harder that hearing of a death. I looked into her eyes as I was hugging and kissing her and we both knew it would be the last time we would be together. My heart broke today. 

I am so blessed to have had such a close relationship with my grandparents-both sets. They were all exceptional examples to me and I love them all so much. I have one grandparent left on this earth. I am so THANKFUL for the Plan of Salvation. The thought of a reunion in Heaven comforts me. As grandpa's casket was being closed, grandma whispered "don't wait to long, come and get me soon."

I aspire to have the kind of Marriage with Eric that my grandparents had together. I want my family to be together forever!
Uncle Kirk and Aunt Pam were at Grandma's house today as well. They brought their dog Cocoa. The kids LOVED playing with him and holding him-especially Savvy!  It made the day even more special. 

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.