Friday, May 22, 2009

Learning at a young age...


I love that my kids are eager to help me if I only ask in my "sweet mommy" voice. Today while the girls were napping, I asked Finn if he would help me clean. He looked at me for a minute and then I added that he needed to do some "chores" and then if he did them, he would earn money. He was all about it when I said the word money.

He was so cute using the Swiffer Duster to dust the staircase and the family room. He got the biggest kick out of pushing the button so that the head angled. It was definitely a highlight of his day. When he was done dusting I gave him $.50. He told me that he wanted $1. I explained that if he wanted $1, he had to do another chore...such as mopping the floor. So I set him up with the little mop and he went to town. It wasn't the most sparkling job but most of the dried chocolate milk spots were cleaned up. He worked really hard and earned that $1.


The Disney Channel has this new cartoon on called Special Agent Oso. It is Finn's new favorite. Oso gets called on these "missions" to help kids do random things. For instance, a little boy wants to do the dishes "all by himself" but doesn't know how. Oso is here to help! Hence the above picture of Finn doing his own dishes. Each night he asks if he can wash his dishes and then pulls a chair up to the sink. Of course Neelah has to be in on the action! They almost always soak themselves (the reason Neelah is shirtless) but get the plates wiped clean.

I love my little helper. I know that the day will come when I have to threaten him with dismemberment to do the dishes but for now, I am enjoying it.

Here is a shot of Neelah wanting to be a turtle. At least, that is what Eric called it. We were painting wood rods to make tomato trellis' and she got crazy with the green.

1 comments:

Larkin said...

That's so awesome Heather!! Finn is growing up so fast!!! Neelah is so cute even with the green on here face!! Nice picture!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.