Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jewels

"...if every mother regarded her children as the jewels of her life, as gifts from the God of heaven..."

These, Our Little Ones Gordon B Hinkley

How true this is. I come from my quick trip to Utah for my grandparents memorial and Finn can hardly wait to give this to me. I need to read this article every morning before I begin the day with my kids. If only I remembered that they are jewels then maybe I wouldn't be so quick to act annoyed when they tear pages out of my books, spit up all over my clean clothes, or push their sister down. Can you guess which one did what today?

Finn is intelligent and tender. Neelah is charismatic and independent. Savvy is long-suffering and sweet. I just feel so blessed with these kids at this moment even though Finn just dropped a jar of change on the floor and Savvy is upstairs refusing to take a nap. Ironically, Neelah is sleeping through all of it...for the moment.

1 comments:

Larkin said...

Happy (late) Mother's Day!!! You really do have super cute kids!!!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.