Friday, April 24, 2009

Bootlegging


I am bootlegging an internet signal from one of my neighbors...who knows which one. There are only 5 houses on this street. Needless to say, I am almost going mad without constant, high-speed internet access. I feel like a pioneer. Okay, bad analogy. But you get the point.

This was our back yard the other night. Way spooky. Each day I love our house and yard more and more. I was really nervous about living in the boonies but when I can send my kids outside and know that I will be able to hear their conversations because there is no traffic around, well... it is very pleasant. The flip side of that is that since we live so far from everyone and live on such a big piece of land, Eric had DRAMA mowing the yard last weekend.

We went to buy a lawn mower (the regular push kind) and that was our first mistake. It took him like 3.5 hours and he only got 2/3rds of the way done. He had to abandon the rest of the yard and admit that we either needed to suck it up and pay the big bucks for a ride along mower or pay someone to come mow.

This weekend we are planting flowers. The big cherry blossom tree in our front yard is blooming with pink petals and I LOVE IT. It smells heavenly. Come visit everyone!!!

2 comments:

Lombardo Family said...

Wow! Way cool Heath. I love the trees. Honestly, is that just not the dream? Love it!

Jessie said...

I know that pioneerish feeling...my dishwasher broke and feels like the end of the world.

BEAUTIFUL backyard!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.