Friday, February 06, 2009

Having 3 kids makes life interesting. My kids have to be about as self-sufficient as children can be. Finn has learned to fill his own sippy cup. Neelah has learned to put her own shoes on when we are getting ready to leave the house. Savvy is still in the beginning stages. I have tried really hard over the years with my kids to teach them to "self-soothe". I don't rock to sleep, I don't run to them every time they wimper...I can't. I just don't have the arms to do such a thing.

Today we came home from running errands and got some lunch and played a litte bit before naps. Savvy had some delicious sweet potatoes and corn mixed with oatmeal and then topped off with some milk. I know, you are all salivating just reading the menu. So then I put the girls down for a nap and popped a movie in for Finn.

Savvy is usually really good at putting herself to sleep. Maybe she will fuss for a min or two. Then the thumb goes in the mouth and she zonks out. This afternoon however, she fussed and fussed. It happens sometimes and so I just let her work it out. She wasn't hysterical by any means, just fussing. After about 10 min of off-and-on fussing, she quieted down and went to sleep.

2 1/2 hours later she starts cooing. I sent Finn in to open her door. She likes to play in her crib while being able to see out of her room at what is going on with everyone else. Finn comes running out and exclaims, "Mom! Come quick! There is TROUBLE! Savvy spit up all over herself!" I go in and this is what I find. This poor girl had been sleeping in her own vomit for 2 1/2 hours. Waves of guilt rushed over me but she was happy as can be because then she got a bath. At least she is forgiving!

1 comments:

Larkin said...

I am so for the self soothing!! but hate when stuff like that happens!!! I think that's part of the reason you can't remember anything of when you were that little... ;)

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.