Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!


I have to take this opportunity to thank Eric for all he does for his family. He is an EXCELLENT father/ husband. I am so blessed to have him as my companion. You know how you hear stories from your grandmas about how your grandpas never changed a diaper/bathed the kids/prepared dinner etc? I would have gone MAD in that era and am blessed to have Eric. He wipes just as many butts as I do (well, when we are in the same country). He takes such an active part in his kids lives and chooses to take responsibility for their learning and growth! CHOOSES!

I am so proud of him for what he is doing in Iraq. I used to say that I was thankful that there were people in this world who would be willing to do such a thing because I wouldn't. I can believe in a cause up and down but for me to leave my family/life....uh, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. And yet here I am married to a man who teaches me daily about sacrifice and loyalty. Whether or not this war is good, necessary or right is beside the point. We are in it as a country and Eric has taken it upon himself to VOLENTEER to "do his part". He feels that if he goes out there and is successful at his job then the other soldiers will be safe and able to return to their families. WOW. I am SO PROUD OF HIM!

He is an amazing man and I am absolutely grateful to have him as a husband and father to my children. I love you Honey!

1 comments:

Josi said...

You're such a sweetheart, Heather. Eric's lucky to have so much support from home. I lost your e-mail address, could you e-mail me so I have it? Carolyn would like to get in touch with Eric. my addy is kilpack@gmail.com. Hope all is well with the new watson on the way.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.