Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ode to my Children...

So there aren't any pictures with this blog entry. This is more like a little journaling so if you only check out pics, feel free to move on. I just have had some thoughts about my kiddies that I wanted to remember.

First of all, Finn is so amazing! Each day he wakes up and comes silently into our room. He stands right in front of me and says, "Mommy?" It usually scares me to death but then he tells me, "I am AWAKE!" Then he climbs up into our bed and snuggles himself right up against me and just hangs out for a while until he decides that he is thirsty. That is when our day begins. I love this time with him! He is quiet and content and that doesn't happen for the rest of the day so I take full advantage of the 10 min I have.

Finn is learning to write his name. I can't believe how smart he is at 3! His memory is crazy. He hears a song and sings along to it the next time he hears it. He makes up his own words to primary melodies and always wants to listen to music. He sings to himself when he thinks no one is listening. When I ask him if I can play with him he exclaims, "Of COURSE you can!!"

Neelah is getting so BIG! I adore her! She sees me and reaches both her arms out to grab my cheeks and then nuzzles her face right against mine. Can you imagine the tenderness?! She is just like Finn in that she smiles almost all the time! Does it get any better than this? She has discovered herself in the mirror and so when I change her she insists on rolling over to the mirror and giggling at herself. Finn can ALWAYS make her laugh and he loves to hold her and show her his toys.

How blessed I am for having these 2 angels in my life!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Wild Daisy" kit.